2015 Indian Motorcycle SCOUT
The Legend is Back. Like its iconic forerunner, the all-new Indian® Scout™ is an innovative and aesthetically stunning American cruiser. It introduces the first-ever liquid-cooled Indian Motorcycle engine – an efficient and reliable 69 cubic inch V-twin – for impressive power on demand. This new model carries the legendary Indian® Scout™ name into the future in authentic Indian® Motorcycle® style.
- 69 cu in Scout™ Engine: This engine appeals to a rider’s key senses as it’s visually stunning, has a soul-stirring exhaust note, and delivers impressive power on demand to ignite an Indian Scout rider’s passion for the ride. The reliable, efficient liquid cooling ensures consistently outstanding performance in all riding conditions. Visually, this V-twin features innovative styling with unique details that merit a closer look.
- Lightweight: The lightweight chassis enhances the maneuverability and fun factor for the most rewarding riding. The premium suspension keeps the ride smooth and offers rear suspension adjustability
- Balanced: Well-balanced with a low center of gravity for easy, fluid handling at all speeds. An outstanding lean angle inspires confidence by allowing riders to capably execute high-speed cornering
- Solo Seat - Desert Tan Genuine Leather: This seat is a modern, authentic version of the original Indian Scout seat that delivers premium comfort. The comfortable seat features new desert tan leather designed to withstand the elements. This sealed, high-quality leather is strong and durable.
- Modern Technology: Efficient, reliable liquid cooling ensures the most consistently outstanding performance in all conditions, at all speeds. The modern technology produces an unmatched ride experience that includes electronic fuel injection, counter-balancing, and a 6-speed transmission
- Styling: The stylish DNA of the original Indian Scout is evident in this new model. Its styling and engineering are integrated in a refined, no-frills style. In authentic Indian Motorcycle fashion, major components are visible to celebrate the motorcycle’s mechanical beauty and grace. The design lines lead the eye the length of the bike and create the impression of it being in motion at all times.
- Classic Triangle: The classic rigid triangle of the original Indian Scout is featured here in re-engineered form, with the steering head and axles as the three points of this classic design
- Fenders: Stylish Fenders have a spare, jaunty style and display the elegant flow of genuine Indian Motorcycle bodywork
- Headlight: Black headlight with chrome trim replicates the original Indian Scout headlight and coordinates with other blacked-out elements
- Badging: The 2015 Indian® Scout™ features a tank badge like that of the iconic tank badges found on Scouts since the 1920s
- Reduced Reach Accessories: Reduced Reach Seat, controls, and handlebars provide comfortable seating and customized ergonomics for shorter riders and riders who would feel more comfortable and confident when seated closer to the foot pegs and lower controls.
- Extended Reach Accessories: Extended Reach seat, control, and handlebars provide a comfortable seating and customized ergonomics for taller riders and riders who like to ride with their legs fully stretched out to the foot pegs and lower controls.
- Wind Protection: Scout™ Windshields provide riders with the fullest wind and weather protection for enhanced comfort while riding. These strong, durable Lexan® windshields can be installed or removed quickly and easily so a rider can customize protection to suit the day’s riding conditions.
- Storage: Add extra storage to your Scout. Scout saddlebags and tank pouch provide versatile and convenient cargo space that look great with your bike.
- Riding Comfort: The Driver Backrest provides a rider with back support and greater riding comfort. This sturdy backrest bolts securely into place at the back of the driver seat and provides the rider with comfortable support to keep him fresher longer during a day of riding.
- Horsepower (HP): 100 (74.7 kW)
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Engine Type: Liquid Cooled V-Twin
- Displacement: 69 cu in
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs): 72.2 ft-lb. (97.7 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 5900 rpm
- 1st: 10.782 : 1
- 2nd: 7.328 : 1
- 3rd: 5.841 : 1
- 4th: 4.957 : 1
- 5th: 4.380 : 1
- 6th: 4.034 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.357 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Dual Shocks/3.0 in. (76 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single /298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Tires/Front: 130/90-16 72H
- Tires/Rear: 150/80-16 71H
- Wheels: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in. Front and 16 in. x 5 in. Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust with crossover
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 3.3 gal.
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in. / 135 mm
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 47.5 in. / 1207 mm
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 34.6 in. / 880 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29 deg.
- Seat Height: 25.3 in. / 635 mm
- Wheelbase: 61.5 in. / 1562 mm
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 91 in. / 2311 mm
- Lean Angle: 31 deg.
- GVWR: 988 lb. / 449 kg
- Trail: 4.7 in. / 119.9 mm
- Weight (Empty tank / full of fuel): 538 lb. / 558 lb. (244 kg / 253 kg)
- Digital Tachometer
- Trip Meter
- Engine Temp
- Low Fuel Lamp
- Tail/Brake Light
- Turn Signals
- License Plate Light
- Speedometer and Indicator Lights
- Engine Type
- 69 cu. in.
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shocks
- Front Brakes
- Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single /298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80-16 71H
- 61.5 in. (1562 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.3 in. (635 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.7 in. (119.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 538 lb. (244 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Thunder Black